Internet Of Things
Most information of today’s building infrastructure is obtainable through a vast array of complex sensors and meters “The Internet of Things”
“Memoori, an independent market research company on Smart Building technologies has projected that the global market for the Internet of Things in Buildings (BIoT) will rise from $22.93Bn in 2014 to over $85Bn in 2020.”
Source: Memoori Business Intelligence Ltd, “The Internet of Things in Smart Buildings 2014 to 2020”, Published Q4 2014.
Huge amounts of data is wasted because it is to hard to extract value from or is very time consuming to do so.
Understanding Big Data Saves Money
The pursuit of NABERS ratings is becoming increasingly relevant to both building owners and tenants, given they increase yields and asset values.
Traditional Building Management Systems
- View graphics of equipment systems
- Review reports or history logs
- Need to understand the potential issues when programming the system
- Single variable – Single point in time
- Simple limit based relationships – many systems not capable of complex alarm logic
- Import data into Excel for manual analysis
- No single tool that works across all kinds of data
“80% of facilities managers use only a very limited amount (20% or less) of the functionality of their BMS”
Source: PikeResearch, Smart Building Managed Services
Enable Big Data Analytics
- Rethink how you organize data
- Rethink how you visualize data
- Rethink how you analyse data
- Rethink how you consume the result
- Rethink who will interpret the data
- Rethink who will package the design and solutions
The Analytics Advantage
Let your data tell the story of where systems can be optimized, errors corrected, shutdowns prevented and costs reduced. Using analytics to lead operating efficiency and cost reduction efforts are rapidly proving its value in achieving – and then sustaining – improvements to the bottom line.
Typical payback periods for deployment are within 6 months to 2 years
Normalises data across multiple systems and formats
- Deviation of energy intensity from benchmarks, baselines, goals along with time, duration and cost
- Degradation of cooling or heating performance
- Simultaneous heating and cooling
- Non-functioning sensors
- Lights or other loads operating when they shouldn’t
- What matters to you?
Interpreting the Results
- Automatically scans the data to find what matters
- Automatically generates views on issues detected
- Identify an issue once – the software finds it forever
Energy Monitoring & Reporting
Consumption, demand, runtime, rank and exception reports. Normalise by area, degree days and user defined parameters
- Life Cycle Management
- Energy Reporting
- Fault Identification / Troubleshooting
- Asset Management
- Risk Management
- Human productivity Management
- Power Quality Analysis
Applications for Blue IoT Clients
Target to improve existing building assets and avoid major capital works.
Paybacks between 6 – 12 month
Provide real data & costs to assist business cases for upgrade works – then data to prove the success
Check Maintenance is targeted to appropriate areas.Commissioning checking to verify performance meets expected outcomes.
What is the Health of your Buildings ? What is the health, satisfaction and productivity of the people occupying those buildings
Set KPIs and benchmarks across different facilities